At the end of the highway, across Kachemak Bay in south-central Alaska, lies a small community with a big heart: Seldovia. Nestled between bays and mountains, the beauty is matched only by the spirit of our little city.
Seldovia provides the opportunity for safe and tranquil living in a setting just off the road system. It’s removed enough to provide rural beauty and a low-key environment, yet just a quick flight or ferry ride across the bay to Homer and its population center of thousands.
Seldovia provides many amenities perfect for singles, couples, families or retirees including:
* A safe and healthy environment, where children can enjoy independence in a way not possible in big cities. We are a community of people who look out for one another. Seldovia is a safe-haven for raising children.
* Excellent school facilities and teacher-to-student ratio with plenty of room to accommodate increased numbers of students. Our school features a swimming pool, large gym and an exceptional vocational shop facility.
* A sizable and convenient harbor close to the big fishing grounds. Seldovia’s harbor is almost always ice-free year-round, and is available at very reasonable rates. The harbor recently received many upgrades and improvements.
* Two medical clinics providing a variety of services, including natural wellness approaches such as massage, acupuncture and more.
* Rich cultural history. Seldovia Village Tribe maintains a museum and visitor center, as well as a conference center, a passenger ferry and provides numerous educational and recreational programs for all members of the Seldovia community.
* Excellent broadband Internet connection.
Come see for yourself why Seldovia is considered by many to be one of the best kept secrets for a great Alaskan lifestyle.
Copyright 2015. Seldovia Chamber of Commerce. All rights reserved.